LQ Hiring - What is it?
Employers are amidst a skilled talent shortage and the age of the Millennials which is bringing us out of the age of traditional recruitment into the age of LQ talent acquisition.
Traditional candidate prospecting, screening, interviewing and hiring has been heavily based on the skills a position requires and those a candidate can bring to the table. But the industry is now moving towards an appreciation and understanding of a candidate’s LQ (Learning Quotient) or learning potential.
LQ is a combination of 5 categories. If a candidate rates average and above in all 5 categories then you very likely have a potential employee in your sights who will learn fast, achieve more and raise the talent baseline of your business.
LQ (Learning Quotient) is the Ability to Learn equivalent of EQ and IQ. It is the assessment of a candidate’s skills, attitude, attributes, behaviour and vision combined to measure their potential contribution to your business.
1. Skills – Candidates possess hard and soft skills. Hard skills are a candidate’s technical and practical abilities that can be measured e.g. software application usage and typing and soft skills by contrast are intangibles e.g. communication and ability to get along with others.
2. Attitudes – A candidate’s predisposition to respond positively or negatively to an idea object, person or situation. The 4 major components of which are Affective
(emotions/feelings), Cognitive (conscious beliefs and opinions), Conative (inclination for action), Evaluative (positive or negative response to stimuli).
3. Attributes – Qualities and features regarded as a candidate’s inherent characteristics.
4. Behaviour - The way a candidate acts or conducts themselves especially towards others.
5. Vision – The candidate’s ability to think about and plan the future with imagination and wisdom.
So, before you conduct your next interview think about some questions that will enable your candidate to expose themselves in these 5 areas and discover the results of this new approach.